Aimed at educating girls and women, through self-defence training programmes, to protect/defend themselves from unsociable elements, besides providing them awareness and advocacy to build confidence and self-sustainability
It is proposed to cover 12500 girls and women members all over the state during 2019-20.
Today’s women in India are facing gender discrimination and atrocities. Nowadays we are witnessing many cases of violence and atrocities against women like eve-teasing, molestation, rape, dowry, robbery, domestic violence etc., One big thing that women tend to lack is the basic skills that are needed to defend themselves in hostile or dangerous situations. Taking the effort and time out to learn these life saving skills can be one of the smartest things that someone does. Hence, it is proposed to educate girls and women through self-defence training programme to protect themselves from unsocial elements and provide awareness and advocacy to build confidence and self-sustainability.
|To establish self defence orientation and training programmes for girls/women which caters all the needs of women to empower themselves.|
|Empowering the physical strength of women by providing training in martial arts techniques like Taekwondo and Karate.|
|Strengthening the psychological stability and sharpness by providing psychological counseling classes and meditation training sessions etc.,|
|Providing knowledge and training regarding the usage of latest technology like mobile applications (mobile apps) for the self rescue and protection.|
|Providing knowledge and advocacy (legal rights) to the women and the legal solutions and the supporting systems for the women problems which are available with the government and non-government agencies.|
|To develop a sense of responsibility for one self and others.|
|TOT will give an opportunity for generation of employment and income to the unemployed/underemployed youth (Coaches).|
|To achieve physical fitness and mental discipline and supporting cause of physical literacy among youth.|
|Formation /Rejuvenation /Recognition of NGOs/Youth Associations/Youth Clubs|
|Observance of National/International Important Days|
|Self-Defence Training to Women|
Benefits - The training would enable girls/women:
|• Will create employment for unemployed/underemployed youth who are trained in martial art like Taekwondo or Karate.
• Becoming more aware of the surroundings |
• Developing most powerful weapon – their mind
• Managing fear and performing effectively under pressure
• Building their self-esteem through self-defence training
• Taking control over their emotional well-being
• Becoming less vulnerable by minimizing their victim potential
• Using training drills to become healthier, fitter and mentally tougher while learning functional self-defence skills
• Accelerating their powerful personal development process through self-defence training
• Learning to make street smart decisions in bad situations
• Understanding a predator’s game plan and how to defeat it
Girls and Women studying in Junior Colleges and Degree Colleges, preferably government colleges, between the age group of 15 to 35 years.
Training the women youth members:
• Women youth members all over the state @ 5 colleges per division covering 50 girls/women per college will be trained for a period of 3 months (non-residential).
• The training will be given for 2 months in 60 sessions. Each session of class will be held for 1 ½ hours.
• Two sessions i.e., 61 & 62 would cover strengthening the psychological stability and sharpness by providing psychological counselling class and providing knowledge and advocacy (legal rights) and the legal solutions and the supporting systems available in both government and non-government sectors.
• Traditional dress will be provided to all the trainees and kicking pads @ 2 per centre
• Certificates will be provided by the Department of Youth Services to all the trainees.